Monday 3 December 2012

My new outfit cost me virtually £4195!

No, I haven't suddenly developed an extravagant streak and spent over £4,000 on clothes, tempting though it might be!  I received an email from Motilo recently, advertising a competition to win a £1000 shopping spree at Matchesfashion.com, so I decided to have a go.  It would make a lovely Christmas present for myself!

I had a great time looking at all the clothes on line and pinning my choices onto Pinterest.  I decided to create a stylish outfit for going out for a walk on Christmas Day after lunch, which has been the tradition in our family for many years.  After making my choices I realised that I had spent a staggering £4195 - so even if I win the first prize it won't cover my chosen outfit!  Oh well, I can but dream.

This is my holiday season outfit for the contest.  Click on the link to see it:  Holiday Season Wish List.  Do you think it is worth that amount of money?

I then decided to see if I could create a similar outfit, but spending a lot less money.  I used Polyvore for this, then saved it on Pinterest as well.  This is my second outfit, which I have saved under Winter Outfits, and which would cost me the far more reasonable sum of £781.

"Winter holiday walking outfit" by sue-walker on Polyvore

The closing date for the Motilo/Matches competition is 17 December if you would like to have a go yourself.  Here is the link.  Leave a comment below with your link if you enter, as I would love to see your outfit and discover if you spent as much money as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment