Tuesday 12 February 2013

Day 12 - FABruary Style Challenge

At first glance today's Style Challenge was an easy one: layering.  After all it's winter here in Spain and, even though the sun shines most days, there has been a bitterly cold wind in recent weeks and I have been adding layers every day.  The only difficult part was which one to wear today? I have several cardigans, a couple of jackets and a few waistcoats (I think our American friends call them vests?) to choose from. In the end I decided to wear this short-sleeved top over a long-sleeved top. It does come with a belt that I can wrap around myself, but the effect is to highlight my (non-existent!) waist and cut my body in half, emphasising my lack of height. I decided it was a more flattering outfit sans belt.



Sharp-eyed readers may have noticed that I blinked while this was being taken (this happens all the time) and may also have spotted  that I have already worn the bright pink jeans and scarf before. If only I hadn't decided to join Project 333 last year, I might have had more clothes to choose from for this challenge!

When I left the house this morning for my Sevillanas class I added even more layers, putting on my thick winter jacket and wrapping a large scarf around myself.  I decided against posting a photo of myself looking like Michelin Woman though!

2 comments:

  1. I like that you chose a short sleeved cardigan as your top layer! It's admirable that you joined this project having only a limited choice of clothes since you are in project 333

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chiara, I bought this short sleeved cardigan in Germany last year as I hadn't realised how cold it would be there! I love it for layering in cooler weather. I have always enjoyed a challenge!

    ReplyDelete