Thursday 14 February 2013

FABruary Style Challenge - lace

This was one of the Style Challenges that I was dreading: lace.  Looking at Imogen's post was slightly reassuring as she gave examples of using lace that would have been fine on me, if only I possessed those items.  I must confess that I was tempted to cheat and show a picture of me wearing shoes with laces......!  However by going through my summer clothes I found a pretty top that is edged with lace, so here it is. Hopefully you can make out the lace if you peer closely enough at the photo.


This outfit illustrates a point that I have learnt from Imogen's blog: to create a column of colour if you want to look either slimmer or taller.  In my case I want to look slimmer and taller!  I am wearing a navy cardigan and jeans so the column of colour is on the outside.  An alternative way of achieving this is to wear the same colour for your top and trousers or skirt, with a different colour for your cardigan or jacket.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, there you go! Some lace!

    The top looks lovely with that delicate necklace, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He dear πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’‹πŸ’‹ I like you honey 🌹🌹🌹

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi how are you

    ReplyDelete