Saturday 16 February 2013

FABruary Style Challenge - Scarves

Today's Style Challenge is Scarves, for which I was very grateful.  Partly because it is winter here in Spain so I wear a scarf most days and partly because I have a bit of a sore throat today, so it was lovely to have a good excuse to wrap up warmly.  Today you're in for a treat as I have two photos for you to enjoy!

The first one is my outfit without the extra layers, showing my lightweight scarf.


A couple of style points to make here.  Because I wanted to protect my delicate throat I wrapped the scarf around my neck a couple of times, but as I'm petite it might have been more flattering if I had worn it longer, drawing the eye downwards, which would have had the additional bonus of making me look slimmer.  Scarves are a flattering accessory for over 60s by the way, as they hide our ageing necks! However I love necklaces and have a collection of pretty necklaces that I enjoy wearing, so this usually overrides my vanity.

The second photo shows me wrapped up in one of my favourite scarves, which was a 65th birthday present from my daughters.  It is lightweight, but incredibly warm too.


Right folks - I think that's a wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment