Saturday 2 November 2013

It's not too late to join NoRepeat November!


Regular readers will know that I always enjoy a challenge and especially those set by Imogen of the Inside Out Style blog. Her latest style challenge is Norepeat November, which Imogen hopes will get us out of our style rut and help us to create new outfits. The idea is to declutter your wardrobe at the same time so you only have clothes that work for you.

I know it is 2 November, but it's not too late to join in. Jot down what you wore yesterday and what you're wearing today.  If you're wearing the same outfit, then just change it slightly (add a scarf or some jewellery or wear a different pair of shoes) and you will be on your way. That wasn't too hard, was it? Now you've just got to wear 28 different outfits for the rest of the month!

November 1st

November 2nd
If it sounds a bit daunting, try a simple mathematical test.  How many skirts and trousers do you have in your wardrobe?  Now count the number of different tops that you own, and multiply the total by the number of bottoms. If you only have 8 tops and 4 bottoms that will still give you 32 outfits, which is more than enough.

Currently I have 18 tops and 8 bottoms in my wardrobe (including the ones I am wearing) which potentially gives me up to 144 different combinations. Obviously not every top goes with every bottom and, although I have included three skirts, I only wear skirts occasionally. I'm wearing one today as we went to our friend's house for a celebration lunch.

A couple of my tops are a bit dressy so I will only wear them if I am going out in the evening and a few of them are too thick to be worn at the moment (not that I'm complaining!), however I still have a dozen everyday tops to wear over the next twenty-eight days. I can ring the changes by wearing different scarves and other accessories with them plus I can throw on a cardigan or jacket to alter my look.

If you work full-time, why not plan your outfits for the week ahead ensuring that you have a different outfit each day? If you are going to take part in the challenge too, then please let us know how you are getting on. I will give updates on here, though I may not post photos every day. Good luck everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Would love to do this but I've been sitting in a hospital room with a teen in another state for several days, got home and had to rush to the hospital where my Mom had been admitted so I'm kind of living in a few pieces and have no idea if I have duplicated. Well, I put this outfit on yesterday, slept in it and still have it on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, so sorry to hear about your hospital visits. Hope everyone, especially your Mum, is better soon. You'll just have to start later or try it out in December. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you doing with this challenge Sue? The weather is so cold over here no matter what I wear, my big chunky cardigan goes on top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather is still good here, though the wind has been quite strong and chilly over the last couple of days. I'm starting to wear long-sleeved tops and a jacket plus scarf on top when I go out. So far it's working out well on the challenge, though I have a long way to go! By the way, I tried to comment on your blog but it didn't seem to work.

    ReplyDelete